Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Evening

Copyright © 2010 Rivkah Singh
Evening
6 x 8
Oil on canvas
Private Collection

This painting is all about the satisfaction one feels at the end of a long, productive work day. It is a wonderful feeling to be so engrossed in a job that you are passionate about! When you love what you do, there are days when you are so involved in what you are doing that you don't notice that the sun is about to set! I created "Evening" at the end of my work day with leftover paint from my palette. I think the only time I feel as though I am "working" is when I have to photograph the artwork. I am never satisfied with the photographs. Somehow my photos fail to capture a paintings most essential details. In this piece, the underpainting is an extremely vibrant, eye popping red. Somehow the photo isn't able to capture what the human eye can.

No comments:

Post a Comment